Welcome to our website
This site was set up to commemorate a much loved school, to tell people something about it and, most importantly, to provide a point of contact for its former pupils and surviving members of staff.
Milton Mount College was founded in 1871 for the education of the daughters of Congregational ministers. Its original location was Milton, near Gravesend, Kent but in 1920 it moved to Worth Park, near Crawley - now a large "new town". Various pressures led to the school's closure in 1960. The school had five headmistresses during its existence.
Although the school building is long gone, the grounds remain much as they were, and as Milton Mount Gardens form a well-used public park with a lake. In 2004 a Liquidambar tree was planted to commemorate the school's time at Worth Park.
A brief history
In 1888 the former pupils formed an association, the Miltonian Guild, which despite the inevitable decrease in numbers still flourishes today, with an annual meeting, several regional groups, and an impressive magazine. Recently the Guild has published a book.
Maintaining contact and tradition
Proceeds from the sale of the site at Worth Park were used to set up the Milton Mount Foundation, which gives bursaries to fund the education of the children (girls and boys) of Congregational and URC ministers.
Milton Mount College's legacy
See the different homes of the school, which was evacuated during both World Wars
Updated July 20th 2017